Art history research paper topics and their writing processes differ from other college and university academic papers that students are assigned to write. In such papers you make the necessary arguments concerning the things you see; to be more precise you interpret visual information into verbal information. To write a really good research paper on art history, you should be familiar with the terms needed to describe the work of art and it is extremely important to choose appropriate art history research paper topics.
Art History Research Paper Topics: Types
You can cover your art history research paper in 2 ways:
- Narrative – the description of the facts concerning the topic, which is based on opinions and facts.
- Analytical – the presented argument should be supported by the evidence.
Art History Research Paper Topics: Renaissance
Choosing the Renaissance period as their art history research paper topics, students usually pay special attention to Michelangelo’s style. You can compare several of his early works with his later works and discuss the factors which changed his style of painting.
It is also recommended to evaluate Leonardo Da Vinci’s career and his influence on art.
Art History Research Paper Topics: Far East
The Buddhist architecture and Indian sculpture and painting are inexhaustible topics for research papers on art. You can compare Indian, Japanese and Chinese visual arts and point out differences and similarities between them.
Art History Research Paper Topics: Middle Ages. Gothic and Romanesque
This is a large field for discussions and descriptions, for example, you can compare buildings of the Romanesque architecture, explain the role of illuminated manuscripts in art, etc.
Art History Research Paper Topic Examples
- Main similarities and differences between the Art Nouveau and Art Deco styles.
- Features of sculptures in ancient Greece. The influence of science on sculptures.
- The role of Mughal paintings in forming the image of the Mughal kings in India.
- Biblical motives in Leonardo da Vinci’s early paintings.
- Surrealism in Salvador Dali’s sculptures.
- The origin of the traditional Japanese and Chinese costumes and their impacts on culture.
- Key changes in methodology in paintings at the epoch of Impressionism. The differences in paintings of two impressionists: Edgar Degas and Claude Monet.
- The main features of late Baroque architecture (c. 1660 – c. 1725)
- The history of creating The Death of Sardanapalus and its place in Eugène Delacroix’s paintings.
- Different mannerisms in Pablo Picasso’s paintings, from Art Nouveau to Cubism: evolution, or just separate periods in his oeuvre?
- The combination of different art styles in the extraordinary painting The Kiss by Gustav Klimt.
- Various interpretations of The Starry Night by Vincent van Gogh.
- Ancient Greek motifs in Michelangelo’s sculpture, David.
- The psychology of color in Kazimir Malevich’s works.
- Realistic and artificial motifs in Jasper John’s Flag.
- Why was Renaissance art so overwhelmed with Christian symbols and themes?
- Was Hitler’s artwork actually good?
- Is the majority of modern art a scam?
- What was the influence of the Industrial Revolution on art development?
- What is so special about the carving The Veiled Virgin?
- What were the main reasons of the Roman artistic style shift in the 4th century?
- How were Victorian beauty standards depicted?
- What is so special about the light in Monet’s Sunrise?
- What were the primary aims of the camera obscura and how did it change throughout the years?
- Compare the critiquing styles of Clement Greenberg and Harold Rosenberg.
- What are the peculiar features of Art Deco hotels in French Indochina?
- Was sculpture art the main business in Venice?
- The connection between French caricatures of the 19th century and Goya’s prints.
- What is so unusual and unique in Russian icons?
- The evolution of the uncovered body in paintings of various periods and countries.
You may also be interested in other research paper topics that cover various disciplines.
Art History Research Paper Topics Help
Most college and university students feel overwhelmed when they receive an assignment to write a research paper on art; if you are one of them, apply for help from EssayShark.com and receive a perfect opportunity to get a good paper within your time deadline. Your supervisor will be definitely impressed by it. EssayShark.com employs only professional writers with perfect writing skills and experience, so there is no need to worry about the papers quality and originality. All research papers are plagiarism-free and sold only once. With this custom writing service you’ll definitely be the best in your group or class. What should you do? Just place an order and write:
- Paper topic.
- Number of pages.
- Academic level.
- Personal requirements.
Top 14 US History Research Paper Topics For High School Students
Writing is an undoubtedly difficult venture to embark on but at the same time an interesting one too if it is your hobby and you are little innovative. However when you are supposed to drudge a lame History paper, topics become a decisive point in making your History research paper interesting.
Have a look at the following topics that can act as a stepping-stone for your bright future
- The previous scenario of Early America: Why leagues of Iroquois were formed and what were their accomplishments? Discuss the impacts of Europeans over Native Americans? Throw a light on religious toleration that was a major reason of conflict in early America?
- Throw a light on American Revolution? What was the reason of colonists breaking away from English rule? How revolutionary war transformed the colonist’s life into a battlefield?
- The United States government: How the formation of the constitution empowered the Federal government and decreased the rights of State legislatures. What was the biggest compromise and how it persuaded all the thirteen states.
- How Civil war and reconstruction affected the scenario of U.S.: Discuss how Harriet Tubman affected Underground Railroad. How slavery contributed to Civil war? What was the affect of slave laws on these states?
- Discuss expansionism: How Andrew Jackson emerged in power during 19th century? How women impacted the Wild West region? Why small states wanted federal government to take control of western lands?
- Progressive reforms benefits: How social, economic and political awakening is highly related with Muckrekers awakening?
- Negative impacts of World War I: How WWI negatively impacted civil liberties? How this war hindered the reformed movement of progressive era?
- Why 20’s is called as roaring era? How Harlem Renaissance affected the cultural development of 1920’s? What was the role of African Americans during the renaissance period?
- The Why and How of Great Depression: How Great Depression affected the American Society? Why it took place? How much effective was the FDR’s New Deal?
- The effects of World War II on women and minorities: What was the contribution of women and minorities in WWII? How US participation affected them at home?
- The origin and development of Cold War: Discuss the Space race and the technological development in US? How McCarthyism, communism in China and Sputnik affected U.S foreign policies, military, schools and industry?
- Discuss Civil Rights Movement. How Montgomery bus boycott affected Civil Rights Movement?
- Women’s movement in US: Discuss the effectiveness of Women’s movement during 60s in terms of economic, political and social issues?
- 1968 in American politics: How 1968 served as a pivotal role in American politics?